Thursday, May 28, 2009

My garden







Hey, Mom here,
I want to share my beautiful irises, gardenia, Easter lilies and black-eye susans from the backyard. Had an acquaintance who came two weeks ago to photograph our backyard as she wants to do hers in a similar way. We also gave her some of our bounty. Gave some to the neighbor last weekend also. I had forgotten how fast plants grow in Houston.






Hey, I will (read this as may) be on TV tomorrow. A few months ago, I joined a group of women who knit scarves for breast cancers patients, blankets for babies in Ben Taub (charity hospital) hospital, and blankets for premies and for the parents of still born babies. This group is also involved in making heart shaped pillows for all surgery patients in the city of Houston. In their fiscal year 2008-09 ending in May, the group donated 5300 items, which means that a person every two hours around the clock is the recipient of an item in the hospitals from Katy to the Medical center. I knit while I watch tv some I feel useful even when I watch tv.
Keep posted as I will send you pictures of my latest lace pieces.

Love to you all. Mom/Mance




No comments:

Post a Comment